Friday, December 21, 2012

Trusting My God

The news these days is filled with doom and gloom.  If it's not warnings about terrorist threats, or another mass shooting, it's the fiscal cliff, and how our economy is on the brink of collapse.  Then, for each of these things, there are the conspiracy theories telling how the government is orchestrating all of these things to get us to become their mindless robots.  Or some such thing...

I would just like to say this - My God has promised to do what is best for me.  No man can take my life, except my God allow it.  He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, and has promised to meet all of my needs.  My treasure is in Heaven, unable to be touched by the fiscal cliff.

I think that the four years I spent longing and praying for a child, coming to the point of understanding and agreeing that whatever God had in store for me was best, helped to prepare me for this time of seeming uncertainty.  I am absolutely convinced that my God will do what is best.  It is exciting to me to wait and see what that best is!

What are some ways you've seen God working to prepare you for hardships?

No comments:

Post a Comment