Friday, January 28, 2011

Random Thoughts

My husband said a few weeks ago that I was about to receive my lifelong dream. He was corrected by someone saying that he was my lifelong dream. Actually, he was right. The one thing I've wanted, for as long as I could remember, was to be a mother. I realised at one point along the way that to be a godly young woman, a husband would need to come first, but at that point in my thinking, he would be the means to an end - namely, a baby. I'd seen many marriages, many unhappy marriages. It wasn't until I was almost 16 years old that I got to see, firsthand, a truly happy marriage. Mr. and Mrs B are truly happily married, and they show it to everyone they come in contact with. I am so blessed that God brought them into my life! It was at that point that I started thinking that I might like to be married.

A year and a half later I met my husband. We quickly became good friends. We would sit and talk for hours after church, completely losing track of the passing time. There were a few times that I thought about the possibility of our friendship turning into more, but would dismiss it each time. Four months after I met him, my family moved out of state. We kept in touch with phone calls, and I always went to his church when I went back to visit my sister who had stayed in the area. After the second visit back, we decided to go the next step and start dating.

It didn't take long for us both to come to the point where we knew we wanted to get married, and nine months after we started dating, we said "I do". (Actually, for our vows, it was "I will", but you get the picture) That was when I received not my lifelong dream, but the extra blessing that God had in store for me that I was pleasantly surprised with. I'd married my best friend! Four years later came my lifelong dream.

I am so glad that God has given me so much! If I try to count my blessings, I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of wonderful things that He continues to give me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment