Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Long Overdue Update

Yikes!  I just realised that it's been almost a year since my last post on this blog!  I certainly didn't mean to ignore it, and will try to do better in the future. 

The last year has held some pretty big ups and downs for us. 
In May, my Grandma lost her 2 year long battle with liver cancer - but not before I had the chance to talk with her about the Lord.  She claimed Salvation, which thrilled my heart! 
Shortly after that, a friend discovered she was pregnant - with twins!  Then she had the devastating loss of those babies. 
Another friend also became pregnant, lost her twins, and discovered she needed a hysterectomy. 
In July, our church called my beloved as their assistant pastor.  We are so glad to have to opportunity to serve Christ here!
In August, my Dad came out for a visit, had a stroke, and spent the next 8 months here with us.  He's now recovered well enough that he's just moved into an apartment on his own. 
The weekend of Dad's stroke, my oldest brother asked his sweeet girlfriend to marry him.  I'm so excited to add her to my family!
In December, after a rocky pregnancy that started with major uncertainties, and ended with c-section, my little sister had an adorable, tiny little boy.  It's so neat to see her growing up and maturing into a wonderful wife and mother. 
And, just after Thanksgiving, we discovered another big thing to be thankful for.  We have another tiny life that will be joining our family on July 17th.  We found out on March 6th that our little one is a girl!  We are looking forward to meeting her, and getting to know her as she grows and develops into a young lady. 

We are glad to have come through these trials, and to have been prayer support for those trials that didn't directly affect us.  We're grateful for the many blessings, and rejoice with those who have been blessed so abundantly.  Now we look forward to seeing what the future holds for us.  It's exciting to see where our Lord takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment